Day of the rescue divers
On the initiative of our diving instructor Stefan Arnesch, on October 9th, 2021 it was again “Heads in the water and flippers in the air” . Divers from the Carinthian water rescue service and the Carinthian fire departments met again this year for joint further training. Diving with a full mask, helmet diving with surface supply, scooter diving and demonstration exercises with car recovery from the water and a simulation of a serious diving accident were also on the program. A highlight for many of those present was the mobile pressure chamber of the Styrian State Fire Brigade Association, which was activated on site and actively involved in the emergency exercise.
The event was organized by the regional diving club Scuba-Team-Carinthia . The respective activities in the water were supervised by professional diving instructors from the First Austrian Association of Professional Diving Instructors. They also received support in the water and on land from the Burgenland State Fire Brigade Association and the Styrian State Fire Brigade Association, the FF Thalsdorf and FF Launsdorf, the ÖWR Längsee and the community of St. Georgen am Längsee, who also played an active role in the event.
Various information stands rounded off the program, including the Carinthia Environmental Diving Club and research divers from Scuba Consult Upper Austria. The event was accompanied throughout the day by a camera team from ServusTV, who were on site for a report on the rescue diver training.
We would like to thank everyone involved for taking part and are already looking forward to our next meeting.
– FF Thalsdorf incl. operational diver
– FF Launsdorf incl. operational diver
– Deployment diver of the FF St. Veit
– Deployment diver of the FF Villach
– Deployment diver of the LFV Steiermark
– LFV/LFS Styria with pressure chamber
– Rescue diver of the diving service Burgenland (LFV Burgenland)
– Professional diving instructor of the First Austrian Professional Diving Instructor Association
– Professional divers of the Association of Commercial Divers
– Deployment divers and support staff of the ÖWR Carinthia
– Rescue divers and support staff of the ÖWR Längsee
– Diving school Zell am See
– Scuba Consult diving school with research divers
– Scuba Team Carinthia
– ARGE diving
– Association of Commercial Divers
– Municipality of St. Georgen / Längsee
– Camera Team Servus TV
Stefan Arnesch / Press EOBV
You can find more pictures on our Facebook page