(supervised diver according to ISO 24801-1)
Training for diver level 1* aims at the ability of
- managing oneself and one’s equipment without any problems during a standard dive (e.g. on vacation) in a maximum depth of 12 m.
- This means being capable of autonomous trimming/ control of buoyancy
- a reliable reaction to signs of the dive leader
- clearing your scuba mask of water
- switching to an alternate air source or in case of need, sharing air
- a command of underwater signs
- rescuing an unconscious diver from a depth of 5m
- and completing a minimum of 4 dives.
In addition a diver 1* must be able to
- snorkel 500m on the surface in full diving equipment
- to dive a distance of 30m
- to dive down to and put on diving gear in a depth of 5m and to hold his breath underwater for 30 seconds.
A diver 1* must be able to assemble his gear correctly and to check the functions for defects without having to be able to fix them.
He must have a theoretical knowledge of the most important physical and medical basics and their effects on the body during a dive and behave accordingly .A diver 1* is qualified to dive worldwide with a diver 4**** or with a higher qualification.
He must be aware that (with the exception of dives with a scuba dive instructor 2** or a higher qualification) he is trained for dives up to a depth of 12m and this limit is to be respected.